How To Wear Your Lace Front Wig For The Beginner?
When you got all the imformation exactly about lace front wig, you will find out that buying a new lace frontal wig can be fun. If you want to try something different with your look,human hair wigs are the next best thing to have.
Whether you have been interested in lace frontal wig lately or you are simply learn about it, the guide will walk you through all the basics about lace front wigs.
What Is A Lace Front Wig?
There are different types of lace wigs like lace closure wigs, lace front wigs,360 lace frontal wig and full lace wigs
Like full lace wig,it is a ventilated unit that has a full lace cap with lace around the whole area of the head. This allows you flexibility and versatility to part your hair in any direction you like.
For 360 lace wig,it affords you a lot of styling options, you can easily style your wig into a ponytail, braids, or a cute top bun.
A lace front wig is a wig that has a sheer lace attached to the crown of the wig to blend with your skin easily and resemble your natural hairline. Lace front wigs are very popular because of how it can be worn to look like your natural scalp, and they would be affordable for most of black women.
Benefits Of A Lace Front Wig
- Lace front wigs have a breathable unit, this means that it allows for the easy passage of air into the scalp.
- Lace front wigs are great for people with a thinning scalp, as it helps them make up for their bald hairline.
- With the realistic look it gives, you can style your lace front wig in a variety of ways, from side parts, fishtail braids, ponytails, or a messy bun. Unlike regular wigs, its versatility allows you to style and change where the part lies on your lace front wig, while still retaining a flawless natural hairline.
- If you're in the mood to switch up colors, with a lace front wig you can rock any color you like without having to damage your hair.
- While sew-ins have to be attached to the scalp to pull off a natural look, lace front wigs give you a more natural look without having to damage your hairline.
- With proper maintenance and care, you would be able to wear your lace front wig for up to a year. Storing it by placing your wigs on a synthetic head, or in a satin sealable bag will control frizz and tangles.
How To Wear A Lace Front Wig
There are several ways you can wear a lace front wig. You can either wear it with tape, elastic bands or use glue. If you decide to use glue, make sure you use the right adhesive type designed specifically for installing lace fronts in place. Don't use lash glue or glue for craftwork. Before you install your wig, do a skin test a day before to check if you are allergic to any of the materials you intend to use. You can do this by dabbing a small amount of liquid adhesive or double-sided wig tape onto the back of your hand and then observe for any changes.
How to wear a lace front wig using glue
- Start with a clean and oil-free scalp.
- Braid your hair into cornrows, then secure and flatten all your hair into the wig cap to prevent damage to your edges when the glue is applied.
- Put on the wig to check if it fits properly and aligns with your natural hairline.
- Take off the wig and apply the first layer of glue in bits with a brush, spread it evenly around along the hairline, and blow-dry it. Apply the second layer of glue and blow-dry it until it's tacky and has a clear color. Never install your wig when the glue is still white.
- Then apply a freeze spray to help your wig stay in place.
- Once it's dry, gently pull the wig back on. Adjust the edge of the wig so that the hairlines match. Also, adjust the back of the wig so that it hangs naturally over your hair.
- When you press the lace into the glue it becomes pretty difficult to remove, so you have to ensure that the wig is perfectly aligned with your hairline, also check both ears for alignment.
- Then trim out the lace with a pair of scissors.
- With your foundation brush apply some concealer and use it to blend the knots with your skin tone to achieve a more natural look.
- Pull out some strands of hair, and cut with a razor into little bits to create the baby hairs. Use the hair mousse to lay your baby hairs into place. Then tie a scarf over the edges and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Comb and style however you want.
- When you are removing your lace front wig, use an adhesive remover to soften the glue before taking off the wig from your scalp.
However, please get some help from your hairstylist if you do not have questions for installing your lace front wig by yourself.