Do You Style a Wig with Bangs
Why Should I Get a Wig With Bangs?
There are several reasons to choose a wig with a fringe:
- Bangs are trendy and stylish.
- A fringe can help to frame out the face and give a more flattering look.
- Bangs on wigs eliminate the need for a lace front, which some women find itchy.
- Fringes allow for increased styling options.
How to Get the Perfect Bangs
If you want bangs, buying a wig with a fringe is the best option. Even so, you may still have to trim your bangs to get your desired length and style. Alternatively you can also cut bangs into a wig without bangs. Either way, the secret to getting the perfect fringe is having your bangs cut to suit your face shape.
As always, we recommend going to a professional hair stylist to have your bangs cut. Unlike your real hair, wigs do not grow. Any mistakes will be permanent, so make sure to be careful.
If you do choose to cut your own bangs, make sure to follow these tips:
Tips for cutting bangs into a wig:
- Cut off less hair than you initially think, leaving your bangs longer. This leaves room to even out your bangs and correct mistakes if necessary. Remember: you can always cut your bangs shorter, but you cannot make them longer.
- Every wig has interior tabs at the temples that help you put on the wig more easily. use these tabs as indicators of where to stop cutting your bangs on the sides to make sure you do not cut them too wide.
- For a more blunt look, hold your scissors horizontally. For a more shaggy look, cut vertically.
Tips for Styling a Wig with Bangs
Once you’ve got your bangs just the way you want them to be, there are a few things that you can do to make your wig (and bangs) stand out.
Styling your bangs straight gives a classic look.
Using a wig comb or wig brush, sweep the bangs from side to side while aiming a hair dryer with a diffuser on the COOL setting downwards on the bangs. After, comb your bangs down, and lightly spray some wig spray to hold them in place.
Creating a side-swept look is as easy as it sounds: just sweep you bangs to the side, and hold them in place using a wig styling cream.
Like side-swept bangs, a curtain bangs are very easy to achieve.
Simply part your bangs in the center, and sweep each half to its respective side. Hold in place with wig styling cream.
Pulling the rest of your hair away from your face really lets your bangs shine. Try out these styles for a new look:
- Pull half of your wig up into a clip or ponytail holder while leaving the rest of the hair down for a cute half-up, half-down look.
- Sweep all of your hair over to one side and create a low side braid.
- Style a chic low ponytail or chignon bun at the nape of the neck.
Whether your wig is short or long, you can always take advantage of accessories like scarves, bandanas, and headbands. These accessories will really help your bangs to stand out.
Once you get more comfortable with your bangs, the styling options are literally endless! Hopefully we gave you some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Trust us—with a little patience and know-how, bangs don’t have to be a headache (no pun intended!). They really don’t.